Saturday, June 19, 2010

Day 8

We went fishing today!! Papa got the first catch of the day, an average sized halibut! After a lot of bait and some waiting, I had gotten a skate, I brought it up most of the way, but my arm was about to fall off, so Ralph got it for me. Ralph estimated that the skate was 100+ pounds, so it was a big one!! (we threw it back) We got almost to our limit, 5 fish! (out of 6) but, we didnt get the last one becasue there was no more room left in the bucket ;) Thanks Ralph for landing all of them :)





While we (well, pretty much Ralph) were cleaning fish, there was an Eagle in the tree, so I got some pictures of it...

3 comments:

  1. Now I am jealous of you being up there and me being stuck here! Not the cleaning of the fish part, but the catching of them - but then again, a bad day of fishing beats a good day at work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice fish!! Good you have pictures, as you know what they say about fish stories. Your pole was really bent. Sure was a big one. Oh what fun!!!
    Then comes the pictures of the eagle. That is a sight to see, and so close as well. Nice to see you are always ready with the camera. I think the eagle is one of the most beautiful birds around. Too bad we do not get to see them often.
    Needless to say, am enjoying the blog, and appreciate your sending it. Keep up the good work. Hope your enjoying the eating as well as the catching........

    ReplyDelete